I've copied these posts from my private blog to my public mosaic blog, so that my GardenWeb friends can see where the completed mosaic projects were used in our home.
NOTE TO SELF: take picture of chandelier before taking it apart to rewire and paint. Cause after laying on the counter for several weeks and then doing so, would have made it so much easier to put back together.
Bad center wire and one of the sockets was corroded and had to be replaced.
Was gold/white. And very beat up looking.
The bathroom was a light green. It's been repainted to a pinkish red called Tropicana.
Hubby rewired the chandelier and I painted it silver/watermelon gloss pink.
The light fixture on the wall came from a house that was being rehabbed. It's been in the bathroom since we built the house. I did just redo the shade. I added a silver cord around the top and the jewelry pieces on the front.
lol.....I had the hubby take a hobnail globe chandelier down from upstairs and put it in here. Then we found this one at a garage sale for $8. I did ask him if he minded changing the hobnail out and putting it back upstairs before I bought it. :) Of course, my sweetie said he'd do whatever made me happy....